The Oldwick Fire Company Ladies Auxiliary was established in September 1939. The initial officers included: President: Mrs. J Robert Vroom, V President; Mrs. Clarence Gulick, Secretary: Mrs. Robert Van Swick, Treasurer: Mrs. C.A. Hildebrandt. The Auxiliary met monthly during the second week of the month. The auxiliary provided the firefighters food during long calls, typically a barn or house fire. The auxiliary was a motivating force behind several firehouse upgrades including the installation of indoor plumbing that allowed restrooms and a kitchen. The auxiliary worked tirelessly to generate funding for the firehouse, efforts included: raffles, bake sales, flea markets and rummage sales. During the early years the fire company was a main social outlet for the town in which the auxiliary organized many events including: dances and holiday parties. The Auxiliary disbanded in September 1978 due a small active membership. At the time of the closing the President was Peggy Davis and Secretary Dixie Morse. The membership of the Oldwick Fire Company will always be grateful for the fine efforts of the Ladies Auxiliary.